By far, the most studied highway among the named trails is the Lincoln Highway. Its main association web page is at: The Lincoln Highway Association. The Federal Highway Administration web site has an excellent history page by Richard F. Weingroff.
- Pennsylvania Highways US 30: Lincoln Highway
- Lincoln Highway: Pennsylvania
- Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor, Ligonier, PA
- Ohio Lincoln Highway League
- Lincoln Highway in Indiana
- The Lincoln Highway in Illinois, National Headquarters, Franklin Grove
- Lincoln Highway Association Illinois State Chapter (Rochelle)
- Illinois Lincoln Highway Coalition (Belvidere)
- Iowa Lincoln Highway Association
- Welcome to Main Street Across Nebraska
- The Lincoln Highway in Colorado (Colorado Loop)
- Lincoln Highway Photos from Wyoming Tales & Trails
- Western Wyoming Community College has an interesting Lincoln Highway project in process.
- The Lincoln Highway: Utah Played a Key Role in Taming West for Cars. Salt Lake City Tribune article by Hal Schindler.
- Summit County (Utah) Historical Society: The Lincoln Highway
- The Lincoln Highway in Nevada
- Lincoln Highway Guide for Nevada
- Lincoln Highway and the Victory Highway, from a History of Nevada
- Lincoln Highway Association Eastern Nevada Chapter
- Lincoln Highway Route in California as illustrated by Hamilton Auto Atlas.
Also check out U.S. 50 information for California.
A small section of the Lincoln Highway in Indiana runs on US 33.
Goshen’s Lincoln Highway
Odd-numbered US highways.
The Loneliest Road in America: U.S. 50
Butko, Brian. 2005. Greetings from the Lincoln Highway: Coast to Coast from Times Square to the Golden Gate. New York : W.W. Norton.
Davies, Pete. American Road: The Story of an Epic Transcontinental Journey at the Dawn of the Motor Age. New York : Henry Holt.
Hokanson, Drake. 1988. The Lincoln Highway: Main Street across America. Iowa City : University of Iowa Press.
For the younger reader:
Roza, Greg. 2009. America’s First Highway. New York : Powerkids Press.